St. Cross Church was built in 1866 and is located at the very heart of the Clayton community on Ashton New Road. The church was designed by noted Victorian architect, William Butterfield, funded by the Hoare family, who lived in Clayton Hall at the time, and has been serving the community for 150 years. (2016 was our 150th Sesquicentennial Anniversary Year and we held a number of special events to celebrate- take a look at our 150th Year Anniversary Celebrations page for more details.)
We hold weekly services on Sundays and Thursdays - everyone is welcome to come along.
St. Cross is open for visitors who would like a chance to look around on the first and third Saturdays of every month. The church is usually open between 1pm and 3pm but please contact our Rector, Fr. Chris, via our Contact Page to check times for specific weekends.
Where we are:
You can find us on Ashton New Road, directly opposite the Clayton Hall Metro Station.
611, Ashton New Road Clayton Manchester M11 4UA
(Please note mail cannot be delivered to this address. See Contact Page for other options.)